Monday, October 08, 2007

Happy Freakin' Columbus Day

Happy Columbus Day.

It's the day a brave explorer found what he thought was the West Indies and claimed it his own. Fuck that.

I think I am going to go over to Men4RentNow.com and claim it as my own. They have been operating a successful country, I mean company for awhile, but what the heck, I will pull up in my three rental cars (...the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria.) from the Queen of Here! Lounge who gave me the money and make it my own when I land there. I may even pillage a few other smaller Internet sites on the way. Yea, and I'll do it on the way that I was intending on looking for ManHunt.net. Then I want a holiday named after me too. Fuck that.

I am not so much in favor of celebrating a day when Columbus wasn't even successful in his journey. He didn't even find what he thought he wanted to. Even though he did find something, and I live in it now, why do we celebrate a day that he took over someone else's land? It wasn't even a battle for liberty or anything like that with good intent, it wasn't even his land to take. BLACH! Fuck that.
Now I realize he might have been a good guy and been successful at something, but overall and based on what I have learned, it's not fair.

Plus, I hate that the banks are closed today. Fuck that too.

3 comments:

Jason Sechrest said...

YES!!!!! YES!!!!! YES!!!!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

so love you for posting this!

Jason Sechrest said...

so important to remember

James said...

Looks like someone needs a nap! :-)

kisses
james